ABOUT ME

Hi! I am so thrilled to start my journey in the 2021-22 Poly Global Scholars Program!

I speak French at an Intermediate level and I am currently in French III. I have been studying French since freshman year. 

During the summer after my freshman year, I traveled to South Africa through Poly's GIP program in partnership with iThuba. At the Langa township, I got the opportunity to collaborate with students from both iThuba and Leap High School. This experience sparked my interest in building global connections and my focus on SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities, which I will do through the UNA-Pasadena Chapter and the UNA Emerging Leaders Fellowship. 

During my senior year, I will continue my study of French and I hope to take the French in a Global Context course. Additionally, I hope to take International Relations and Post-1945 World through Art & Text as my history electives. During the summer, I am intending to take the Genocide and Human Rights GOA course to analyze different human rights crises around the world and to help bring awareness. My capstone project idea will focus on how global interactions can lead the way for human rights. 

        Aleen Kalindjian '22




Comments

Popular Posts