Bringing Political Diversity to Poly with Dr. West and Dr. George

     This Thursday, I had the honor to hear the Conversation with Dr. Robert George & Dr. Cornel West: A Discussion about Divergent Points of View, Civility, and Friendship. They engaged with the audience about their powerful friendship despite having completely different political views. Something that really resonated with me was the amount of respect they have for each other despite having conflicting viewpoints on many issues. They are eager to have difficult conversations and learn from each other's differences. I learned a lot from the speakers and I believe this open-mindedness to conflicting opinions is sometimes missing from Poly's atmosphere. I also enjoyed how vulnerable the interactions between Dr. West and Dr. Cornel were throughout the night and we were able to have an insight into their powerful bond. 










Comments

Popular Posts